Monday, August 31, 2015

Sears Update

So we did get our fridge this weekend, but not without more hassle and trouble from Sears. I will never buy from there again. We received our time slot as 8:15-10:15am, luckily enough. And even luckier -- they showed up right around 8:30 -- so it didn't mess up our vet appointment. But that was pure luck. So, the delivery guys came in, took one look at our fridge space after they pulled the old one out and said they could not install the new one. When we asked why he said because there is no shut off behind the unit. We explained to him that the salesperson told us that would be fine. He told us in the store, that if the shut off is in the basement, they won't shut it off, but we can shut it and they'll install it. That was not true. I asked what we need to do and he said we need a plumber to install a shut off for us. I was livid at that point because I was not ready to pay for a plumber to come out on the weekend, without an appointment, and do that. Sears should have paid for that if that was what I needed, after the run around they have given me from the start.

So, after a lot of back and forth, we told him to just leave the new fridge and my husband installed it himself. The delivery guy told him how to do it but refused to touch it. Instead, he took pics of the setup to cover his a@@ and prove that he didn't touch the installation. I am angry at Sears for misleading us after already screwing up our delivery. Now, unless Sears makes this right by offering a discount for our troubles, I will never go there again and I recommend to anyone reading this that you go elsewhere as well. I have never dealt with customer service that was so inept and unhelpful. Goodbye Sears....I never shopped there and now I really know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment