Thursday, August 27, 2015

120 vs 190

I'm talking about calories. Specifically, calories in my morning yogurt. The normal yogurt I eat each morning is either Fage or a store brand of fat free Greek yogurt that is 120 calories. It is 3 weight watchers points plus (not that I track so well these days...but it's always in my head). I recently discovered the Chobani Flips yogurts that range from 190-250 calories. I have only let myself try the 190 ones, I won't venture above 200 for yogurt, but the 190 calorie ones taste so much better. They would be the equivalent of 5 points plus, which is way more than I would have ever had for breakfast on my 26-points-a-day-plan. But I enjoy it so much more. If it filled me up more, I would easily opt for the 190 calorie yogurts, but they seem to last the same amount of time.

Anyway, that's my yogurt rant. Speaking of food - yesterday I was proud of myself for planning ahead and cooking dinner for tonight in the slow cooker while we ate last night's dinner! I made simple enchilada chicken with 4 chicken breasts that I put in the slow cooker with enchilada sauce and some leftover salsa. I let it cook on high for 4 hours and shredded it up before bed. Now tonight I'll reheat that and sauteed it with some onions and peppers and we'll have fajitas! Easy! Just wanted to share that super-quick-and-easy recipe. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment