Friday, August 28, 2015

All I'm Asking for...

I'm so frustrated. Last week, our old refrigerator started leaking. For the second time. The first time it happened was right after we moved in. We have a home warranty that we got as part of the sale, so we figured we would use it! Unfortunately, that was a big hassle. The repair people took forever to come out. Of course they can only come from 9-4 on weekdays, so my husband had to work from home to wait for them. When they came, they told us they'd have to order a part. That took almost a month to come in and then it was another few weeks until they could come back out. The second time, my mom came over to wait for the repairman. And, he came in and refused to install the part -- he said the part we had was actually better than the new one, but they only had to go through the part-ordering part so that the warranty would cover it! So shady!! Then, he 'fixed' the fridge and it was fine....until now.

So, now it's leaking again. Worse than before. I eventually want to replace our appliances anyway, so I figured, let's just take the easy way out and buy something new. That will be so much less hassle, right? Wrong. We shopped around like crazy last weekend and finally settled on a stainless steel model from Sears. The price was right, the size was right, and they could deliver Friday (today), which was the day my mom was planning on coming over to walk our puppy anyway to help me out. Everything was set -- we had the perfect fridge, and the perfect price, and the perfect delivery day. Last night, I was starting to empty our fridge after I got a call from Sears saying they didn't have a delivery window yet but they'd call back after 7 and let me know. Then, at 6:27, I got the next call from Sears -- there has been an "unexpected delay" and they need to reschedule and speak with me immediately. I was yelling" No, no no no!" at the horrible pre-recorded message. So I immediately called the number they provided. The man on the phone said pretty much the same thing. There is a 1 day delay and the fridge will come on Saturday. No explanation. No price-discount for my trouble. No nothing! He just said they'd call again tomorrow with the delivery window. I was pretty pissed and just said that it better come on Saturday.

Saturday is not really the best day for this. I had plans. We have a vet appointment for the puppy at 10:30 and we were supposed to have friends over for lunch. Now I have no idea what time the fridge will be here. I have to cook a lunch with no fridge somehow. And I can't plan anything because they don't tell you the delivery window until the night before. And, who knows how many "unexpected delays" they can have? I feel really frustrated and like there's nothing I can do but take it. I think it's not fair that it's ok for them not to honor their commitment. What would happen if I decided I didn't want to honor my commitment to pay for the stupid thing? I really feel like they should give me something -- any discount! Just something to compensate me for this experience. I am not happy with Sears and at this point, unless they do something to make me happy, I will never shop there again. And I will tell everyone I know not to either. (hence, this blog). So much for avoiding hassle by buying new. I can't win. All I'm asking for is what I paid for in the first place. You can't do that now, so make this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment